YzeUp Knowledge Share: Sweat Your Sponsorship Assets Seminar – How to get the most from your sponsorship marketing spend.
In Association with:
Event Location: Bryanston Country Club, Cumberland room, 63 Bryanston Dr, Bryanston, Sandton, 2191, Johannesburg, South Africa
Event Date: Friday, 22 February 2019
Registration: 8h30 to 9h00
Main Event: 9h00 to 12h30
What to Bring: 1 Sponsorship Rights Contract (Strategic tools, pen and paper will be provided).
Moderators: Judith Mugeni and Amy Sartori
Cost: R650pp exc VAT
Event Background and Objectives:
Maximising sponsorship investment doesn’t have to be rocket science. In theory and in practice in some cases, we know that sponsoring an event can do a number of things for a brand. Brands, Organisations and Rights Holders can gain greater long-term benefits if they start with the fundamentals. Sponsorship can provide a compelling theme to be leveraged throughout the marketing mix but we must all ensure we are looking at the bigger picture and actively adding to the experience. But, we also know when it comes to annual reviews and debriefs, most sponsors/partners walk away wondering if all the expense and effort were worth it. Currently the Sports, Lifestyle and Entertainment landscape is constantly evolving, rights holders need to adapt to meet the new demands of potential sponsors. Conversely, brands need to adapt to stay current and relevant with consumers and fans.
Learning Outcome:Learn how to maximise your sponsorship rights and thus your return on investmentby fully leveraging the rights and assets afforded to you.
Knowledge Share Itenerary
- Introduction to Sponsorship Marketing & Sponsorship Marketing Landscape – South Africa and Global
- Sponsorship marketing practice – Best practices, issues and trends
- Best Practice Activations: Developing and Executing a Sponsorship Marketing Program in line with target audience passions and organization/brand objectives
- Evaluating a Sponsorship Marketing Program – from proposal to signing of contract to leveraging plans
- Judith Mugeni: Managing Partner Ganizani Consulting, Africa’s Experienced Strategic Integrated Marketing and Sponsorship Consultant
- Amy Sartori: Director at SARTORI. Sponsorship + Marketing communications and SARTORI. The Empowered Athlete. Strategist in Sponsorship + Marketing
Speakers and Panel:
- Fetsi Mbele,MTN Senior Sponsorship Manager
- Topic: “How Brands Sweat their Sponsorship Assets”
- Mantwa Chinoamadi, Festival Producer: The Standard Bank Joy of Jazz
- Topic: “Learnings from a Rights Holders on challenges and positives of sponsors leveraging plans on an event”
- Qondisa Ngwenya, Executive Independent Industry Consultant
- Topic: “Rights Holders and Sponsor strategic frameworks to create win-win partnerships”
- Dave Sidenberg, Executive Director & CEO BMI Sport Info
- Topic: “Beyond data, sponsorship industry overview”
- Bandile Mngoma, Old Mutual’s Sponsorship and Events Manager
- Topic: “How Brands Sweat their Sponsorship Assets”
|8:30am – 9:00am||Registration|
|9:00am – 9:10am||Welcome by Judith Mugeni + Amy Sartori|
|9:15am – 9:40am||BMI Industry Overview: “Beyond the Data.” Presented by Dave Sidenberg, Executive Director & CEO BMI Sport Info|
|9:40am – 10:05am||Sponsor Case Study: “How Brands Sweat their Sponsorship Assets. ”
Presented by Fetsi Mbele, Senior Sponsorshop Manager, MTN
|10:05am – 10:20am||Broadcast Case Study: “How to leverage broadcast media in your sponsorship”
Presented by Marcia Mahlalela, Co Founder and MD of Ascendants Media Group
|10:20pm – 10:30am||Round Table discussions: Dave, Fetsi and Marcia moderated by Judith Mugeni|
|10:30pm – 10:45am||Break|
|10:45am – 11:00am||Round Tables discussions: “Learnings from an industry Guru on Rights Holders and Sponsor Strategic Frameworks to create win-win Partnerships.” Q&A session to Qondisa Ngwenya – Industry Consultant moderated by Amy Sartori|
|11:00am – 11:15pm||Round Table Discussions: “Learnings from a Rights Holders on challenges and positives in sponsor leveraging plans on an event.” Q&A session, Mantwa Chinoamadi – Festival Producer of The Standard Bank Joy of Jazz moderated by Judith Mugeni|
|11:15am – 11:40pm||“Sponsorship Case Study “How Brands Sweat their Sponsorship Assets. ”
Presented by Bandile Mngoma, Sponsorship and Events Manager, Old Mutual
|11:45am – 12:00pm||Q&A|
|12:00am – 12:30pm||Networking|
Who should attend
Innovators, marketers and branders, entrepreneurs, marketing and sponsorship executives and professionals, marketing and sponsorship strategists, rights holders – those that have properties to be sponsored, business leaders, reserchers, agency executives and their teams and anyone else who operates in the sponsorship community
Note:You will need to bring your own sponsor contract that you can apply.
Booking Essential. Email email@example.com for more info. We will respond.
Please note you can either eft (direct deposit in the account) or pay cash on the day (no swiping facilities)
Sponsorship of entry fee also available, please email us a motivation.
Standard Bank, Business Checque Account, Acc no: 201350076, Branch: Fourways Crossing, Branch number: 00995300, Swift Code SBZAZAJJ
Or fill in your info below:
Or buy online:
Amy Sartori:Director at SARTORI.
- A brand is your identity. It is what people say about you when you are not in the room. You need to identify with your audience by creating a brand that is authentic + compelling. A brand that is built on trust, appeal + loyalty.
- Having been involved in the sponsorship, sports and marketing industries for over a decade, she has been privileged to work for various related agencies in a strategic role. Through this, I have gained extensive exposure + experience in strategy, sponsorship, marketing + brand activation across various sectors.
- Research has shown that if you build and cultivate your Brand, you will dramatically improve your income over a sustained period. Following an extensive and successful career in strategically developing brands for many successful ventures and activities, she helps develop brands, be it your personal brand or a company brand.
- Previous brands worked with, include: Vodacom; MTN; ABInBev; SAB; Sasol; BP; NBA Africa; Absa, Coca-Cola, Primedia and Audi Sport to name a few.
- Amy’s passion for brands extends beyond the boardroom. She has also been an avid athlete in her personal capacity, having participated in numerous events such as the Comrades Marathon and Ironman 70.3.
- This gives her a further understanding of the sacrifices that need to be endured, in order to achieve set goals, and places her in the perfect position to utilise this skill to develop brand strategies of success.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @Amy_Sartori
- Linked-in: Amy Sartori
Judith Mugeni,Managing Partner Ganizani Consulting, Africa’s Experienced Strategic Integrated Marketing and Sponsorship Consultant
- Judith’s passion lies in strategic planning, focused on the integration of ALL marketing and business activities. As an integrated marketing and communication specialist, she is responsible for synchronising the business or organisation goals in a lead role namely: marketing, creative and concept development, public relations, sponsorship, online and social media, market research and advertising activities for business, public sector as well as non profit entities. She has 14 years of industry experience, 9 years of sponsorship and commercialisation strategy and implementation, 4 years of pure research (quant and qual), 9 years of marketing strategy, 2 years of the Digital Tech World (social media web and mobile apps).
- Brands she is proud to have worked on include: Lead on 1stand 2ndEssence Festival Durban: marketing, sponsorship, project management; Standard Bank Joy of Jazz Marketing and Sponsorship lead on behalf of promoter TMusicman; Old Mutual Soweto Marathon marketing lead on behalf of the Soweto Marathon Trust; Research for Unilever: Home, Personal Care and Home brands and more. In the sponsorship space she has worked on Engen, Standard Bank, MasterCard, MTN, Sports and Rec Sports and Recreation Unite4Mandela, Moretele Tribute Concert, FIFA Broadcast Africa, Department of Arts and Culture, Copa Coca-Cola Nigeria, Invictus Sports Africa, Miles and Associates, Vertical Limit Productions and many more.
- Email: Judith@ganizaniconsulting.com
- Twitter: @JudithMugeni
- Linked-in: Judith (Kapanga) Mugeni
Dave Sidenberg, Executive Director & CEO BMI Sport Info
- David is unquestionably one of the sport & sponsorship industry’s most influential thought leaders and alongside his company BMI Sport Info, are credited for the pioneering role they have played in helping sponsorship evolve into the leading marketing communications medium it has become.
- As part of the ever-expanding BMI Group, David has access to over 25 years of independent research and data across all media channels.
- He is regularly called upon to provide a fully integrated research & consulting offering to an impressive list of clients; the likes of which include the who’s who of Africa’s major sponsoring companies, television networks, sport controlling bodies, federations & teams, as well as the leading agencies involved in commercialisation and management of sport, music, broadcast and other sponsored causes.
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @BMISportInfo or @sponsorvalue
- Linked-in: David Sidenberg
Hazel Chimhandamba, Marketing Executive
- A seasoned Marketing Executive with more than 14 years of strategic marketing experience.
- Hazel has worked in the mobile telecommunications sector, the financial services sector covering both banking and insurance, as well as serving corporate clients in the aviation sector during her tenure at a brand-marketing agency and has had the opportunity develop brand engagement & experiential sponsorship strategies for multiple African markets.
- Twitter: DM @Misshaze002
- Linked-in: Hazel Mbofana-Chimhandamba
Mantwa Chinoamadi, Festival Producer: The Standard Bank Joy of Jazz
- Mantwa Chinoamadi has been at the helm of the T-Musicman since its initial forays into the world of live music promotion and production in 1989 when she was offered the role of Artist Liaison. Her clients included the likes of Queen, Jonas Gwangwa, Rebecca Malope and Brenda Fassie. All of whom placed the marketing and promotional necessities of their careers in the hands of Mantwa and TMusicman.
- Her first assignment in the role of Project Manager came in the form of the country’s first democratic election processes in 1994 when T-Musicman was tasked with co-ordinating the Voter Education Rally campaign, for the education of the masses prior to the historical democratic elections in 1994. While she has submerged herself in various business courses to gain theoretical knowledge and leverage to succeed in her new position, Mantwa’s will to succeed in her role as Project Manager has taken her to the far corners of the globe to gain first-hand experience in delivering world-class events, concerts and festivals.
- Email: Mantwa@tmusicman.co.za
- Twitter: DM @MizMantwa
- Linked-in: Mantwa Chinoamadi
Qondisa Ngwenya, Executive Independent industry consultant
- General Management ▪ Strategy ▪ Negotiations ▪ Operations Management ▪ Project Management & Project Delivery
- A versatile professional with business analytical and strategic planning skills gained through a variety of projects and organisational leadership roles, with nearly 20 years’ experience in developing organisational strategy implementation of organisational change and growth strategy. Highly successful in developing projects from scratch and following them through to completion. Expansive broadcasting experience gained from production, content development and aggregation, content rights negotiation and sales across Sub-Sahara Africa. An entrepreneur with well-developed negotiation skills and the ability to interact at the highest and lowest levels. Significant achievements include:
- Has advised the highest levels of national government on policy and consulting issues, enabling the needs of external stakeholders, government agencies and individuals to be identified and met within budgetary limitations.
- Oversaw the Organisational Development and Change Management of the TAC, which brought the TAC from near collapse to organisational and financial sustainability.
- Led the organisational change management for the modernisation of the SA Sports Commission
- Co-ordinated and negotiated international sports initiatives between South Africa and the United Kingdom, Australia, and Norway
- Led the development and establishment of the 1st Sports Development Framework in South Africa (which received international recognition as the world leading framework)
- Negotiated and managed MTN’s sponsorship of FIFA 2010 World Cup. Led a team that managed Coca-Cola Atlanta, PowerAid Atlanta, KIA Motors, Sony South Africa and Global, involvement in the FWC 2010.
- Setting up the Octagon Agency Network in Nigeria, Ghana, Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, Zambia, and Kenya.
- Developed and executed turnkey model for the 2010 & 14 FIFA and 2008 & 2012 IOC broadcast rights to 41 territories across Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Twitter: @QondisaN
- Linked-in: Qondisa Ngwenya